Alison Gustafson, associate professor and director of graduate studies in the department of Dietetics and Human Nutrition, spoke about her work combatting diabetes and obesity in Kentucky on Behind the Blue.
- Behind the Blue, April 30, 2019. https://uknow.uky.edu/campus-news/behind-blue-uk-s-alison-gustafson-helps-kentuckians-eat-healthier-and-fight-obesity
Tiffany D. Barnes, associate professor of Politcial Science, published an Op-Ed in Ms. Magazine on the first woman to be selected as Treasury Secretary by the Biden Administration.
- Barnes, T. & O'Brien, D.Z. (2020). "Future Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen Faces COVID-Induced Economic Crisis." Ms. Magazine, November 24. https://msmagazine.com/2020/11/24/treasury-secretary-janet-yellen-covid…
Tiffany D. Barnes, associate professor of Political Science, participated in CESJ's Op-Ed Project and published two position papers:
- Cassese, Erin, Tiffany Barnes, and Mirya Holman. (2018). "How 'hostile sexism' came to shape our politics." The Washington Post, October 2. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/10/02/who-suppo…;
- Cassese, Erin, Tiffany Barnes, and Heather Ondercin. (2018). "Four Key Facts about Women Voters." Ms. Magazine Blog, October 18. http://msmagazine.com/blog/2018/10/18/four-key-facts-women-voters/
Jenny Minier, Sturgil Professor in the Department of Economics, and Director of the Center for Business and Economic Research, had a version of her position paper on immigration published by the Lexington Herald Leader.
- Minier, Jenny. (2017). "We need Dreamers; immigrants add far more to U.S. economy than they take." Lexington Herald Leader, November 10. https://www.kentucky.com/opinion/op-ed/article184016176.html
Martina Vasil, assistant professor in the School of Music, published the paper, “The Perspectives of Two First-Generation College Students Pursuing Doctoral Degrees in Music Education.”
- Vasil, M., & McCall, J. M. (2017). The perspectives of two first-generation college students pursuing doctoral degrees in music education. National Association for Music Education, 1-15. doi: 10.1177/1057083717717464 http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1057083717717464
- Ray, V.E., Randolph, A., Underhil, M., & Luke, D.. (2017). “Critical Race Theory, Afro-Pessimism, and Racial Progress Narratives.” Sociology of Race and Ethnicity, 3(2):147-158. http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/2332649217692557
- Brown, C. S. (2017). Discrimination in Childhood and Adolescence: A Developmental Intergroup Approach. Psychology Press/Taylor & Francis.
Programs and Initiatives